24 October 2010

500 page Stack

I did it!! I finally finished the write-in step of my revision.

Yep, that's a pic of my creation. All 500 pages of mostly handwritten, double-spaced, crossed-out, arrowed, sticky-noted words.

Now to type all those words into my word-processor of choice, tweak, line edit and prepare them for agent queries. Sounds like a daunting task, trying to figure out what all those loops and arrows might mean. But after toiling to this stage of rewriting with a binder full of worksheets and analysis, frankly this next step seems like a cakewalk.

I plan to celebrate this milestone by taking a mini-break from this revision and participating in NaNoWriMo, purchasing new software, attending a celtic festival and enjoying all that November brings. For when December starts, I'll dive into that sea of words and race to the finish.

2 comments:

JB said...

which book is it?!?! Schrivener looks cool,despite that is it only available for mac at the moment :-)

Anne Velosa said...

The book I reference is Lightning Stranded.

Al also likes the looks and functionality of Scrivener. I suspect when it is released for PCs he'll get it.