19 November 2010

2010 NaNoWriMo Week 3 - Still Plugging Along

Just a quick update ...

I've been busy writing, and am just now getting to the  juicy parts of the story. Makes me wonder if I should toss the the past 30k words. Of course, since this is NaNoWriMo and the first draft of my manuscript, I'll keep them ... for now.

I've discovered some cool things about my main character Alexandrea. Like she and her biological mother shared a liking for U2 even though Alexandrea doesn't remember her mother, and she loves green chili pork stew. The main character's grandmother, Maura, who I sometimes wonder if I should write from her POV all the time - she's so fun to write, is a stubborn clot heid. (Maura's words, not mine; not that she'd admit it.) The teenage character in the story did NOT like the name I gave her, Aribella aka Bella, and now goes by Emma. And Craig, I'm still getting to know him. He still hasn't told me his wife's name; she past away a while ago.

So onwards I write ... still about 15k words to go.

No comments: