10 June 2011

Meme: Ways to Stay Creative

A little late, but I thought I'd play along with Lynn Viehl's latest meme.

Directions: Copy the video and the list, bold the items on the list that you're already doing, cross off the ones that don't work for you, and star the ones you'd like to try..


29 WAYS TO STAY CREATIVE from TO-FU on Vimeo.


1. Make lists.
2. Carry a notebook everywhere.
3. Try free writing.
4. Get away from the computer.
5. Quit beating yourself up. **
6. Take breaks.
7. Sing in the shower. (Fun - but not sure it helps my writing.)
8. Drink coffee. **
9. Listen to new music.
10. Be open.
11. Surround yourself with creative people. **
12. Get feedback.
13. Collaborate. **
14. Don't give up.
15. Practice, practice, practice.
16. Allow yourself to make mistakes. (Mistakes are all I make, as I don't know any different, yet.)
17. Go somewhere new. **
18. Count your blessings.
19. Get lots of rest. (I think I need more.)

20. Take risks. **
21. Break the rules. ** (Need to know what they are first.)
22. Don't force it. **
23. Read a page of the dictionary. **
24. Create a framework.
25. Stop trying to be someone else's perfect. **
26. Got an idea? Write it down.
27. Clean your workspace.
28. Have fun.
29. Finish something.

I'm not the only one to play along. Check out Charlene Teglia's post.

No comments: