18 February 2015

Choosing to Write

It's been a while, my last post was back in early December. Lots has happened in the interim -- lots of Life.

Things that Life taught me in the past two months:

  • If a ceramic lid drops, let it fall and shatter. (That is the better alternative to the husband catching it against a marble countertop, cracking it, and causing a complex laceration.)
  • Take a break from the insanity. (and driving to therapy sessions as soon as he can drive himself again) Corollary: Enjoy the break.
  • Finding your niche or passion is sometimes just a matter of choosing.

Which brings me to the point of this blog post: I choose to continue writing.

I still loathe revision, but the challenge of crafting a good story still challenges me. That challenge is enough to keep me going even with all the curve balls that Life speeds my way.

My pace may drop off for a while, but I will keep writing. I will keep writing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Writing is both passion and frustration. Yet, deep inside those stories wish to be told. Enjoy your writing and hate that the words don't speak enough to get the readers to feel as you do. Have fun!!!...oh and meditate after writing.

Anne Velosa said...

Thanks, John! Sounds like you know a thing or two about writing and frustration. It's been a long time. Hope you are doing well!