07 December 2013

Books of 2013 per NPR's Book Concierge App

The Internet is full of places to look for book to recommendations: Facebook,  Twitter, GoodReads, LibraryThing, Project Gutenberg, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Audible, Bookish. Then there are the sites by the publishers, Indie booksellers, individual author websites, podcasts, and online book clubs. Millions of places.

Another one is making a ripple in my social networks: the NPR Book Concierge app

I've only played around for a minute or two. I like it so far. It's fairly easy to use and appealing to the eye with all those book covers. The folks at NPR compiled a list of books and added filters that a user can use to find books that fit the user's unique tastes.

I used the Love Stories and Sci-Fi/Fantasy filters to give me this...


more books for my GoodReads Want-to-Read shelf, and to look for at our local library. If I like them well enough, I'll have to buy a copy to keep. (My husband won't mind. Much. Especially if they're ebooks. Right?) I plan to play with the filters some more and see what other recommendations and covers catch my eye.

Has anyone else played with the app? Or have a good book recommendation site that I didn't mention? Or have book recommendations? Let me know in the comments.

No comments: